best known as “Mskreativekay” on Instagram, moved to the Ocala, Florida area from Long Island, New York. She began her journey into the world of nails back in 2001.
Inspired to embark upon this craft due in part to being raised by a fellow beauty entrepreneur (her Mommy D) and a love for drawing during her spare time, she decided to attend school for nails at the Long Island Nail & Skin Care Institute (Levittown, NY) pregnant–eight months to be exact.
A special love was spawned during that very first Nail Art class. She would spend hours combining her own ideas along with other nail art showcased in salons, giving birth to her own unique “Kreative” style. Taking a minimal break to give birth to her daughter, she went on to graduate from The Nail Academy (Jamaica Queens, NY) in 2004 and has been professionally doing nails for the past 14 years
As a perfectionist with self-diagnosed OCD, she cannot do without paying extra attention to the foundation of acrylic, detail, and shaping of nails.
Experience and Accolades:
- 2015: guest speaker at University of Virginia (UVA) for the Zeta sorority on “Nails Care
- 2011: Worked for Sephora’s very first nail studio
Celebrity Clients include:
- Cynthia Bailey of Housewives of Atlanta
- Kimbella of Love and HipHop
- Chanel Iman (Model)
Work Featured in:
- Vibe Vixen Magazine
- Ebony Style (2012 Top 30 Nail Artists)
- Vogue Italia
- Various fashion shows, including Banana Republic and Stevie Boi